Welcome to the Academically and Intellectually Gifted Program (AIG) at West Hoke Middle School in Raeford, NC. It is our purpose to provide our AIG students with a rigorous and challenging educational experience during their three years here in our AIG program. Please feel free to look around the site in order to stay informed on happenings within our AIG community.
Items of Interest
All students and parents here at West Hoke Middle School now have access to PowerSchool! This is a great resource for parents and students to use in order to keep up with your student's grades, attendance and assignments!
Here is a look at the AIG plan for Hoke County School's for the 2016-2019 school years.
Click on the link below to access the presentation on the plan!
Congratulations to our newly inducted Beta Club members for the 2017-2018 school year!
If you are interested in joining the battle of the books team for the 2018-2019 school year, please see Mrs. Wood in the media center!
West Hoke Middle Debate
If you are interested in joining the debate team for the 2018-2019 school year, please see Mr. Bridges in room 156!
2018-2019 Middle School BOB List
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- The Nine Pound Hammer by John Clause Bemis
- Wild things by Clay Carmichael
- Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger
- Diamonds in the Shadow by Caroline B. Cooney
- Ashes to Asheville by Sarah Dooley
- Out of my Mind by Sharon M. Draper
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
- One for the Murphy's by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Paper Things by Jennifer Richard Jacobson
- Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
- Alexander Hamilton: The Making of America by Teri Kanefield
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer (Young Reader's Edition)
- Death Cloud by Andrew Lane
- White Fang by Jack London
- Under the Mesquite by Guadalupe Garcia McCall
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- All of the Above by Shelley Pearsall
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Undefeated by Steve Sheinkin
- Everlost by Neal Shusterman
- Counting by 7's by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- Deathwatch by Robb White
- Beyond the Bright Sea by Lauren Wolk
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
My name is Preston Bridges, and I am the AIG Specialist here at West Hoke Middle School in Raeford, NC. I am also in my eleventh year of teaching sixth grade social studies here at West Hoke Middle. I am originally from Shelby, NC, in the Western part of the state. I graduated from Crest Senior High School, and went on to attend Appalachian State University. At Appalachian I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in social sciences education, with a concentration in history. I began teaching at West Hoke Middle School in 2009, and while here, I have also earned my certification in Academically and Intellectually Gifted Education from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. I greatly enjoy working with the AIG students of West Hoke Middle School, and look forward to working with you and your students, in their journey through middle school within our AIG community. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions.
AIG Parent Websites
Click on the website links below to check out some great resources and information about your gifted students!