Welcome to the Academically and Intellectually Gifted Program (AIG) at West Hoke Middle School in Raeford, NC. It is our purpose to provide our AIG students with a rigorous and challenging educational experience during their three years here in our AIG program. Please feel free to look around the site in order to stay informed on happenings within our AIG community.
Items of Interest
Congratulations to Beta Club members, Madison Thompson and Nancy Perez for placing second at the state Beta Club convention for mixed media!! Congratulations ladies!!
Congratulations to our newly inducted Beta Club members!
If you are interested in joining the battle of the books team for the 2020-2021 school year, please see Mrs. Wood in the media center!
If you are interested in joining the speech and debate team for the 2020-2021 school year, please see Mr. Bridges in room 208!
2020-2021 Middle School BOB List
- Home of the Brave By Katherine Applegate
- The Iron Trial By Holly Black and Cassandra Clare Marcus Vega
- Doesn’t Speak Spanish By Pablo Cartaya
- Book Scavenger By Jennifer Chambliss Bertman
- Airman By Eoin Colfer
- New Kid By Jerry Craft
- Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 By Richard Paul Evans
- 90 Miles to Havana By Enrique Flores-Galbis
- Prisoner B-3087 By Alan Gratz
- Fatal Fever By Gail Jarrow
- Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky By Kwame Mbalia
- Nyxia By Scott Reintgen
- Look Both Ways By Jason Reynolds
- The Hired Girl By Laura Amy Schlitz
- Bluefish By Pat Schmatz
- Death on the River of Doubt By Samantha Seiple
- Salt to the Sea Ruta Sepetys
- Outcasts United By Warren St. John
- Other Words for Home By Jasmine Warga
- Genesis Begins Again By Alicia D. Williams
- The Watch That Ends the Night By Allan Wolf
- Wolf Hollow By Lauren Wolk
My name is Preston Bridges, and I am the AIG Specialist here at West Hoke Middle School in Raeford, NC. I am also in my twelfth year of teaching sixth grade social studies here at West Hoke Middle. I am originally from Shelby, NC, in the Western part of the state. I graduated from Crest Senior High School, and went on to attend Appalachian State University. At Appalachian I graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in social sciences education, with a concentration in history. I began teaching at West Hoke Middle School in 2009, and while here, I have also earned my certification in Academically and Intellectually Gifted Education from the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. I greatly enjoy working with the AIG students of West Hoke Middle School, and look forward to working with you and your students, in their journey through middle school within our AIG community. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions.
AIG Parent Websites
Click on the website links below to check out some great resources and information about your gifted students!